No matter what type of business you operate, you will be handling personal information and the way in which you handle that information is a key business issue.
Failure to handle personal information properly can create significant risk to your business. Not only is there the risk of a breach of law, there is also the risk of damaged to your brand and reputation.
Research indicates that privacy protection is becoming increasingly important to Australians and therefore, the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information should be treated with great importance.
How we can assist you
We can assist you by:
- preparing privacy policies, including for use on websites
- carrying out a privacy audit in relation to your business
- advising multi-national organisations in relation to trans-border data flow
- advising on the impact that ‘cloud computing’ may have on your business
- advising on marketing and promotional strategies, including email spam and other direct marketing
- advising and assisting organisations in the event of data and information security breaches
- providing privacy training, compliance and issue management
- assisting with specific privacy compliance issues for Government agencies, Government trading enterprises and businesses contracting with Government
Click here to read our article on the new amendments to the Privacy Act.